Saturday, January 5, 2008

Friday Jan 4, 2008

AM- 10 miles (1:30) Monument Loops+Rail Road Tracks (Puma H Streets)

Ahhh, the Friday run.  This day is always a looked-forward-to respite from the arduous week of training.  I always need this very easy day each week.  It recharges the energy stores before launching into what is typically a huge weekend of running.

I've done this run with Jocelyn a lot in the past, and she always drops me.  I go slow and very flat on this run.  The idea is to simply get out there and get the heart pumping, shake out the legs, and just sit back and enjoy the leisure of it all.

And, that's just what I did today.  Once again, the weather was spectacularly beautiful--it basically felt like a warm spring day--and I really enjoyed wearing my incredibly beat up Puma H Streets (they've stopped making them) that have somewhere between 1500 and 2000 miles on them.  My shin was a little bit tight, but I think today should help it get healed a little bit.  All in all, a good run.

No comments: