Monday, January 14, 2008

Tuesday Jan 8, 2008

AM- 30 miles (4:05) Gold Camp out and back+North Monument Loop (sz 11 Slingshots)
PM- 4.5 miles (:41) Safeway and back via Shooks Run (sz 11 Slingshots)

There was so much new snow this morning that I knew I wouldn't be able to do the speedwork I had planned. Instead, I decided to just go enjoy a gorgeous slog through the mountains. After struggling through all the new fluff in Bear Creek I hopped on the freshly-plowed Gold Camp Road and took it all the way to its end at the parking lot. The morning warmed up nicely and the very few tire tracks through the powder made for some nice, sticky footing. I finished up with some speedy (mid to low 7's) miles around the North Monument Loop.

In the evening, Jocelyn, Boggs and I ran up to the Safeway and back on Shooks Run to pick up some ingredients for fondue. By time we got back Kyle had gotten into town, so we all went over to the apartment (really, a tiny little studio) that he and I are sharing rent on, and made some food.

No comments: