Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Week Summary: Dec 12 - 18

12-12-2011
Mon - off

12-13-2011
Tue-AM: 1:19, 2500' ~ Green Mt.
Up and down 1st Saddle.  Kind of a test outing.  I could feel the shin a bit hiking, but it definitely didn't make it worse.  Rather, like usual, a little activity seemed to actually make it feel a bit better.

12-14-2011
Wed - off
LA screening of Unbreakable at Occidental College in the evening.

12-15-2011
Thu-AM: 2:23, 4000' ~ Mt. Baldy (10,064')
Couldn't resist the chance to get into the San Gabriel Mts with Dominic, Jorge, Chris and Katie as the local tour guides. Though not my first time in the range, the Gabes are impressively steep, high and rugged, especially considering their extreme proximity to L.A.

12-16-2011
Fri - off

12-17-2011
Sat - off

12-18-2011
Sun-PM: 2:08, 2600' ~ Green Mt.
Up 3rd access and down 1st/2nd access with Jocelyn. It was a remarkably warm day, so I started back to the hills a day early. We took it easy, enjoying the spectacular weather and laying down fresh tracks through slushy snow. Shin felt notably better than it typically has the past two weeks.

Hours: 5h50min
Vert: 9100'

A week of semi-random outings with the emphasis being on really just trying to take it easy on my shin.  By the end of this week I could feel discernible improvement and I think it's ready to get back out there with some consistent hiking before I tentatively dip my toes back into the waters of easy jogging. I'm determined to stay smart this time around.

Also, I have a new post over on my RT Blog.

Baldy summit with Chris and Jorge. Photo: Jorge Pacheco.
Descending from Baldy summit to Devil's Backbone with Jorge. Photo: Dominic Grossman.
The Hallway.

And here's a catchy little Christmas tune, if you give it a minute: 

12 comments:

Randy said...

Anton, glad to hear you are on the road to recovery. It's a road that really tests our patience though, isn't it? I was out nearly all of this year with a ruptured peroneal tendon which is finally just about healed. Now I'm fighting an achilles problem from trying to do too much too soon. Hang in there.

Roger Taylor said...

Lovely colour's on the rocks on the hallway photo.

Wayne said...

Anton, I'm really happy to see you're improving. I'm a long time reader of your blog but a first time writer. As cheesy as it sounds I really look up to you with my running. I was actually out in Boulder in September and I thought, "Damn, wouldn't that be sweet if I ran into Tony" haha Keep up the good work my man!

Chris Price said...

Had fun hiking around Baldy with you. Glad you made your flight in time (barely).

Happy training & Happy holidays!

Charlie said...

The War on Drugs--Come to the City

Texafornia said...

Jorge is the MAN! So lucky for you to run with him. Such a nice guy.

Tony Mollica said...

I wish you good luck in healing completely! I definitely miss following your races. God Bless and Marry Christmas to you and yours!

Anonymous said...

I came across your blog while looking for information about climbing the Manitou Incline in winter, particularly after a snowfall like we just had in CoSprings. Are there any safety concerns we should be aware of? Is the way down pretty treacherous or not too bad? Grateful for any advice anyone can offer - thanks!

Unknown said...

Were you muled for at WS? "I think that's cheating." Take a look at AJW's blog, dude.

wowwowgold said...

We appreciate you this information. That's almost Buy World Of Warcraft Gold I could point out. A person certainly make this blog directly into a great gift. You evidently know what you are carrying out, you've coated numerous Cheap WOW Goldangles.Thank you!

Unknown said...

I like this a lot. Thank you for sharing. I'm always looking for upcycles like this. In the end, you don't know it was a shipping pallet to begin with!
tank trouble sites google
big head football sites google
bloons tower defense 5 sites google

Unknown said...

very amazing post, I like It, Thank you for presenting a wide variety of information that is very interesting to see in this artikle, good job adnd succes For you

Artikle yang sangat keren, semoga sukses selalu

tour karimunjawa

paket wisata karimunjawa

wisata karimunjawa

wisata karimunjawa

paket karimunjawa

tenun troso

toko furniture jepara

kain tenun ikat

furniture jepara

jual mebel minimalis