Monday, December 26, 2011

Week Summary: Dec 19 - 25

12-19-2011
Mon-AM: 1:13, 2500' ~ Green Mt.
Up and down 1st Saddle. Nice morning.

12-20-2011
Tue-AM: 1:14, 2500' ~ Green Mt.
Same as yesterday; all hiking, but put in a solid effort, which I haven't done for a while.

12-21-2011
Wed-AM: 1:29, 2600' ~ Green Mt.
Up 3rd access and down 1st/2nd access.  Getting to be some super icy spots on the mountain.
PM: 1:14, 2500' ~ Green Mt.
Up and down 1st Saddle. Timed it perfectly as light snowflakes chased me all the way down the mountain and shortly after I got back to my bike and returned to my apartment the snowstorm had started in earnest.

12-22-2011
Thu-AM: 2:12, 2800' ~ Green Mt.
Woke to epic amounts of snow (18-24"?).  The streets were a total mess, so I ran (!) to Baseline before slogging up and down the 1st Saddle route. Took me 1:05 to get up but an incredible morning on the mountain with snow dumping down. Running the down would've been very tough even if I'd wanted to because there was so much snow. Also ran the 9min back to the house on the streets; shin was good!

12-23-2011
Fri-AM: 2:11, 2800' ~ Green Mt.
Up 3rd access and down 1st Saddle. Ran the 14min to Chat and then wallowed my way to the summit, breaking fresh trail all the way from the base of the 2nd Flatiron to upper Greenman. Slalomed/fell/ran my way down the mountain in 19:45 before also running the 12min back home on the streets. Shin felt really good.
PM: 1:43, 2500' ~ Green Mt.
Up and down 1st Saddle. Biked to Baseline with snowshoes and poles on my back, which I used for the hike up and down the mountain. Only my third time ever snowshoeing, and it was...interesting.  The Kahtoola Flightdecks actually handle impressively well, but they're a pretty small platform. Wore the snowshoes so that I wasn't at all tempted to do any running.  Gorgeous evening.

12-24-2011
Sat-AM: 1:34, 2800' ~ Green Mt. (Descent Time Trial)
Up 1st Saddle and down Greenman-Saddlerock-Amphi.  43min worth of running.
PM: 1:32, 2500' ~ Green Mt.
Up and down 1st Saddle with the snowshoes again. Was unavoidably delayed in hitting the road for Nebraska, so went for another trip up the mountain. Remarkably warm afternoon made for some very good packing conditions on much of the trail and I got the stowing/strapping/pack strategy dialed for the snowshoes and the poles so that riding a bike isn't an issue at all.  Felt way more confident and nimble with the s-shoes and poles today when compared to yesterday.

12-25-2011
Sun-AM: :35 ~ Pastures/Hills, Nebraska
Awesome cross-country run through the hills and hollows on my family's farm.  There is zero snow at home right now, which combined with the middle-of-winter lack of vegetation (grass, brush) made for excellent conditions to strike out in whatever direction I wanted and run fell-style over the hills.  My shin seemed good for about 30min or so, but then the last 5min might have been a touch too much for it.

Hours: 13h25min
Vert: 21,000'


The Third.
Finally above the boulder field.
Back of the Third.
Avalanche (!) on the slab.
View from slab: First & Second Flatirons and Boulder.
Seated on the top: much steeper than it looks here.
#176


And if you have a little angst (go to 1:00 on the first vid to get to the music); I can never get enough of The Walkmen but understand it can be an acquired taste:



8 comments:

Wandering Heaps Clan said...

What shoes are you sporting in these pictures? These look like a new New Balance product and I have loved the Minimus and I'm super excited for the T110, is this something new to be excited for?

Anonymous said...

Hey I know it may be a trivial question but what are the scarves I see you and a lot of distance runners wearing?

Thanks a lot, I hope you're doing well.

Wayne said...

I know youre recovering from an injury but are there any races coming up that youre aiming for?

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, hope your 2012 running goes to plan!

abel NoƩ said...

Have a fun Xmas Anton!
Would you mind to tell me wich Highgear Axio model do you use? I´ll get one next month, and your wise words would be great about it.
Loving your amazing pics.. as ever!

Unknown said...

I love all the posts, I really enjoyed, I would like more information about this, because it is very nice. Thanks for sharing.
unblocked games - sites - google

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

very amazing post, I like It, Thank you for presenting a wide variety of information that is very interesting to see in this artikle, good job adnd succes For you

Artikle yang sangat keren, semoga sukses selalu

tour karimunjawa

paket wisata karimunjawa

wisata karimunjawa

wisata karimunjawa

paket karimunjawa

tenun troso

toko furniture jepara

kain tenun ikat

furniture jepara

jual mebel minimalis