Monday, January 14, 2008

Sunday Jan 6, 2008

AM- 32 miles (4:07) Gold Camp Road out and back+Monument (sz 11 Slingshots)
PM- 10 miles (1:32) Bear Creek-8th St-PPG Trail (sz 11.5 Slingshots)

In the morning, I got up at 4:30am so that I could get the run in before picking Jocelyn up at the airport. it started snowing once I got to the mountains about an hour into the run, and once I realized the new snow made it too slick to run up High Drive I instead headed up Gold Camp for an out and back to the collapsed tunnel at the St. Mary's Falls trailhead. It ended up snowing maybe the hardest I've ever seen (~6" in two hours) and by time I made my way back to town everything was a winter wonderland.

I was moving quickly (7 minute pace or so) coming down Gold Camp and continued that through Bear Creek and for the extra loops in Monument. It was good to move quickly like that at the end of a long run.

The evening run was in the cold and dark with Jocelyn, and the snow was such an issue that we just bailed by Wal-mart and hopped on 8th Street. My right shin was kind of sore, but other than that it was a nice easy evening run.

No comments: